Malaria, the most important protozoa disease in humans, is caused by the genus Plasmodium.
Four species are pathogenic, P. vivax, P. falciparum, P. malariae and P. ovale, of which the first two occur in India. Mosquitoes usually breed in edges of streams, water tanks, pits, cisterns and overhead tanks fountains burrowed pits, pools, ponds, marshy areas and unregulated irrigation channels are conducive to mosquito breeding and spread of malaria.
Sickle cell trait, thalassemia and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency are relatively immune to malaria.
MALARIA TRANSMISSION CYCLE
Malaria spreads when a mosquito becomes infected with the disease after biting an infected person, and the infected mosquito then bites a noninfected person. The malaria parasites enter that person’s bloodstream and travel to the liver. When the parasites mature, they leave the liver and infect red blood cells.
From mother to unborn child
Through blood transfusions
By sharing needles used to inject drugs
- Fever- fever may be continuous or remittent for several days before it becomes classically intermittent. The illness, then, is characterized by a cold stage (chills and rigors with headache, nausea, malaise and anorexia); hot stage (dry flushed skin, rapid respiration and marked thirst); and sweating stage (temperature falls by crisis).
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle pain and fatigue
- Chest or abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the limbs
FEATURES OF SEVERE MALARIA
- Impaired consciousness or unrousable coma
- Prostration, i.e. generalized weakness so that the patient is unable walk or sit up without assistance
- Failure to feed
- Multiple convulsions -more than two episodes in 24 hr
- Deep breathing, respiratory distress (acidotic breathing)
- Circulatory collapse or shock, systolic blood pressure <70 mm Hg in adults and <50 mm Hg in children
- Clinical jaundice plus evidence of other vital organ dysfunction
- Abnormal spontaneous bleeding
- Pulmonary edema
- Low blood sugar.
Action of homeopathy medicine
- Homeopathy medicine increase the resistance of RBC
- Homeopathy medicine increase the innate immunity
- Homeopathy medicine increase the cell mediated immunity